Gluten-free Sprouted Raw Vegan Herb Cookies
1 cup Sprouted buckwheat flour
1/2 cup Raw Cashew Butter
1/4 cup Chia jelly (a.k.a chia seeds
soaked overnight in water)
1/4 tsp Nutritional Yeast
1 1/2 tsp Dried herbs of choice (Suggested: Rosemary, Thyme, Basil)
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in food processor. Blend.
- Add water to adjust consistency. You should aim to get a smooth paste - like a very wet dough.
- Taste dough. Adjust seasoning as you like.
- Spoon dough out onto a large sheet of cling film. Roll into a long tube.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours. 4 hours is ideal.
- Unwrap cookie dough from cling film. Slice into 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place on dehydrator teflex sheets. Top each cookie with a cashew nut half.
- Dehydrate at 46 deg Celsius for about 5-6 hours. Remove teflex sheet. Return to dehydrator to dry completely (about another 6-8 hours, depending on humidity and type of dehydrator used - I use an Excalibur)
Notes: Cookies will keep for up to 3 months if stored in an air tight container in a cool, dry place.
For a nut-free version
, swap the cashew nut butter for more chia jelly (adjust water content accordingly) and sprouted flaxmeal
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.